In Diablo 3, gamers have an option; you can either play the game cooperatively with friends or by yourself, but with a help of the in-game followers.
If you’re not a fan of playing with others and you prefer to play with an AI, you will be pleased to know there are three followers that can join you. Well, not all three can be used right away and only one is permitted.
Below are the three characters that you can recruit. Remember that each of these followers have some unique abilities and specialty for the weapons that they use. Also take note that these followers can also equip items, which are most likely going to be weapons or a piece of armor.
The first followers that you can recruit is the Templar. He specializes in a melee combat, so weapons like swords, daggers, and axes will be perfect for him. Since you find Templar in the church, you can expect that he has a divine ability and will be pretty useful, as he can heal and cast some buffs.
Where to Recruit: Act 1 – Reign of the Black King
Here are the list of skills and abilities that you can unlock. Take note that once you reach the levels below, you can only select one of the two skills.
Level 5 Skills:
– Heal: Heals you or the Templar for Varying Life. (Cooldown is 30 seconds)
– Intervene: Taunts Enemies attacking the HEro for 3 seconds when the Hero is below 50% health. (Cooldown is 60 seconds)
Level 10 Skills:
– Loyalty: Regenerates Varying Life per second for you and the Templar.
– Intimidate: Enemy units are slowed by 60% for 3 seconds when they hit the Templar.
Level 15 Skills:
– Charge: Charges a target, dealing 50% weapon damage and stunning all enemies within 8 yards for 2 seconds.
– Onslaught: Delivers a massive blow to an enemy for 200% weapon damage.
Level 20 Skills:
– Inspire: Increases resource generation for all allies that the Templar is following.
– Guardian: Rush to the aid of a wounded ally for Varying life.